Shooting Sports Coaches Trainings:
- District 10
- Date: March 9-10
- Location: Guadalupe Extension Office (Seguin, TX)
- Contact Person: D-10 4-H Specialist Megan Logan
- Disciplines Offered: archery, muzzleloading, pistol, rifle, shotgun
- Register via 4-H Connect - February 11 - 25, 2019
- Cost - $120 includes meals and course materials
- All volunteers must go through volunteer screening and be an active volunteer before registering for the event.
Registration via 4-H Connect will be available until March 3, 2019.
The Indoor Archery Match will be held in five locations to accommodate 4-H archers across the state. Archers may shoot at any location but must chose only one and will complete for placings among all archers in all locations. A link to the contest handbook can be found here. This handbook includes all details and information pertaining to the match.
Carrizo Springs: March 29 - 30
Bay City: March 21 - 23
Fort Stockton: March 22 - 23
Graham: March 15 - 16
Pampa: March 22 - 23
35th Annual Texas 4-H Shooting Sports Extravaganza - Registration is NOW OPEN!
The Texas 4-H Shooting Sports Extravaganza celebrates 35 years this April! Extravaganza is a beginner's match and learning event. Rules are adjusted to accommodate this being a beginner's match. These rules are for Extravaganza only. Rules for any other specific match do not apply at this event. Registration via 4-H Connect will be available February 11 - March 31. Registration details can be found here. Match handbook can be found here.
- Event Details:
- When: April 13, 2019
- Where: Texas 4-H Conference Center on Lake Brownwood
- How Much? $28 registration fee through 4-H Connect. $40 LATE registration fee.
Texas 4-H Shooting Sports Postal Leagues - Registration is NOW OPEN!
Originally named “Postal Leagues” because the targets were mailed in for scoring via the U.S. Postal Service, Postal Leagues are a state-wide competitive shooting match in which participants can compete with others across the state without having to travel outside their home county.
Events include: 3-P Smallbore Rifle, Air Pistol, Archery, BB Gun, Light Rifle, Precision Air Rifle, Sporter Air Rifle, Smallbore Pistol, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Pistol, Trap, and Skeet. Participants may compete in as many events as their county/club will allow. All shooting must be supervised by a 4-H Shooting Sports Coach certified in the appropriate shooting discipline (Archery, Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Muzzleloading).
Important dates to remember:
- October 1, 2018 - March 28, 2019: Complete Events
- February 1 - March 28, 2019: Official Registration/Payment AND Score Submission
Postal League details/rules/registration information can be found here.